LOOKING FORWARD: Shows We're Excited to See in 2017
Bea Cordelia Sullivan-Knoff is an award-winning, Chicago-bred writer, [solo] performer, activist, & educator specializing in issues of gender, sex[uality], queerness, & the body. Six of her plays have been produced to date and many of her poems and essays published, including the self-published chapbook of poetry 28.06 // Dear Sylvia. Her "life-changing" autobiographical solo show Chasing Blue recently featured in The Brick’s inaugural Trans Theatre Festival in Brooklyn and is making its Chicago premiere at Steppenwolf this winter.
It took me a bit but I've compiled ten shows I'm looking forward to in 2017.
They are (in no particular order)
1. Chasing Blue by me in Steppenwolf's LookOut Series (because hey)
2. Men on Boats at ATC
3. Picnic at ATC
4. Written in Sand by Karen Finley in Steppenwolf's LookOut Series
5. Meet Juan(ito) Doe at Free Street Theatre
6. Bootycandy at Windy City Playhouse
7. Blues for an Alabama Sky at Court
8. King of the Yees at Goodman
9. The Scottsboro Boys at Porchlight
10. Faceless at Northlight